[governance] RE: [bestbits] FW: Broadband Manifesto

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Thu Dec 5 04:28:14 EST 2013

It seems to me that, frankly, the Action Lines are a bit of a mess - duplicative, vague, in other cases difficult at best to be able to tell what success is.

I would suggest that the national level discussions should look more at the actual WSIS text, using the action lines as input.

Your point about the mixture of governance and development is a good one - however, at the national level having separated discussions about these should be possible.

If the WSIS review doesn't operate in parallel at the national and international level, and only starts at the international level and then afterwards starts at the national level, we have the same top-down dynamic we have now, which has been a failure.