[bestbits] WSIS+10 High Level Event Multistakeholder Preparatory Platform launched

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Thu Aug 15 10:05:45 EDT 2013

Belatedly, the Multistakeholder Preparatory Platform for the 2014 WSIS+10 High Level Event has just been launched online.  This is for taking stock of the implementation of the WSIS outcomes, and developing targets and Indicators for an open and inclusive information/knowledge society for all beyond 2015.  The website is:

http://www.itu.int/wsis/review/mpp/

Through this process, stakeholders will seek to develop multistakeholder consensus on two outcome documents for the WSIS+10 event.  To make a submission you can download Word documents that are on the above site - online forms will be available soon.  A deadline is not yet, so far as I can see, specified.

Some individuals and organisations will be interested in sending their own submissions.  I'm less sure about whether there is value or interest in doing a joint submission.  Certainly, this falls outside Internet governance per se and includes broader ICT4D themes.  But we can discuss whether there is enough mutual interest in collaborating on a submission.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.

WARNING: This email has not been encrypted. You are strongly recommended to enable PGP or S/MIME encryption at your end. For instructions, see http://jere.my/l/8m.