[bestbits] Nominees to High Level meeting in Bali on "Global Multi-Stakeholder Cyber Ethics Principles"

Andrew Puddephatt Andrew at gp-digital.org
Tue Aug 13 10:59:18 EDT 2013

I'm happy with this group
Andrew Puddephatt, Director          Global Partners Digital
Development House, 56-64 Leonard St, EC2A 4LT, UK
Office 44 (0)207 549 0350
Mobile: +44 (0)771 339 9597
andrew at g<mailto:andrew at global-partners.co.uk>p-digital.org                  www.global-partners.co.uk<http://www.global-partners.co.uk/>

From: Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org<mailto:jeremy at ciroap.org>>
Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2013 09:47
To: "<bestbits at lists. net>" <bestbits at lists.bestbits.net<mailto:bestbits at lists.bestbits.net>>
Subject: [bestbits] Nominees to High Level meeting in Bali on "Global Multi-Stakeholder Cyber Ethics Principles"

As some of you may know from other lists, the Indonesian government is preparing a High Level Meeting ahead of the Bali IGF, on the topic "Global Multi-Stakeholder Cyber Ethics Principles".  Whilst we don't have a lot of information about it, "Cyber Ethics" is usually a reference to user responsibilities, which is used as a counterbalance to demands for user rights.

Therefore it is important that civil society voices are represented there.  Whilst the claim was initially made that civil society would be represented through nominees put forward by the International Chamber of Commerce (!), this thankfully turned out to be untrue, and so we now have an opportunity to put forward some names.

As we as Best Bits don't yet have an agreed procedure for doing this, we will just be facilitating the process for anyone who would like to contribute their name for consideration by the organisers - but you will be representing your own organisation or yourself.  So far the following have agreed to be put forward:

 *   Shahzad Ahmad from Bytes for All, Pakistan
 *   Joana Varon Ferraz, Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade (CTS/FGV), Brazil
 *   Anja Kovacs, Internet Democracy Project, India
 *   Sana Saleem from Bolobhi, Pakistan
 *   Matthew Shears, Center for Democracy and Technology, USA

If you have an active interest on this topic and would also like to be included in the slate of nominees, please let us know so that we can make sure you are included.  Note that there is no guarantee as to who will be chosen, nor do we know the criteria that will be used, or exactly the capacity in which you will participate in the event.

--

Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub | http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone