Best Bits: Agenda Organization Options

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:10:56 EDT 2012

   - Hi thanks Ginger.

There is a huge need for the entire IGC to be involved, I agree.I just sent
a mail to the IGC on suggestions on improving internal coordination.

 Whilst there is diversity of views and all kinds of camps such as the:

   - anti ICANN camp
   - anti ITU camp
   - and all other anti this and anti that where people have their
   individual preference for selecting which organisation and which forum they
   will participate in.

The method in which the IGC engages has to be clearly aligned to its vision
and mission. I am certain that there are many CSOs that have developed
positions on these key areas and the combined human resources within the
IGC should not take us long to collaborate to achieve this. Areas can also
be prioritised such as the policy areas directly affected by the WCIT.

I feel that the IGC needs to work out how it is going to coordinate and
determine specific positions on specific policy cluster/areas and to
formulate clear positions. I also acknowledge that on some policy areas,
these have already been formed etc.

One the IGC position is formed, we can be bold about pushing this within
diverse forums. The Working Groups within the IGC can develop
recommendations about forms of advocacy whether they be in the form of:-

(a) Statements;
(b)Submissions;
(c) etc

We can also empower our members whoever is within the Proximity of the
various Forums to present the IGC position etc.

Best Regards

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862
Suva