Status of poll - and second round of travel support

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Fri Sep 21 00:33:55 EDT 2012

Hello all,

Already, 14 people have responded to the poll in which we are seeking
input about fine-tuning the agenda and output of Best Bits.  If you
haven't responded here is the link again:

http://www.igcaucus.org/limesurvey/index.php?sid=36451&newtest=Y&lang=en

Without wanting to give too many "spoilers", there is already a very
clear consensus emerging about whether to aim for two output documents,
as originally proposed, or to reduce this to one.  So if you have a
strong opinion on this and haven't already voiced it in the poll or on
the list, now is the time.

As for the agenda, there is also an overall preference emerging, but the
results are less stark - some people wish to see changes, others don't.
So it would be good to get a few more opinions before drawing
conclusions about that question.

Finally, we have been able to release a little more of our limited
funding to support accommodation or travel assistance for five
additional participants.  They will be contacted off-list.  Apologies if
you still haven't been offered support.

For those who have asked for their flight and accommodation to be
covered, it would be helpful for us to know whether offering
accommodation only would be useful.  If you are in this position, and
haven't yet been offered any support, please reply off-list to indicate
whether the availability of accommodation for the days of the Best Bits
meeting would make a difference to your attendance.

--

*Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

*Your rights, our mission -- download CI's Strategy 2015:*
http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org
<http://www.consumersinternational.org> |
www.facebook.com/consumersinternational