Two-question survey on agenda and outputs for Best Bits

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Tue Oct 2 08:52:42 EDT 2012

On 02/10/2012, at 7:45 PM, William Drake <william.drake at UZH.CH> wrote:

> *There's an asymmetry in the time devoted to the two statements.  Day 2 has two 1:45 hr and one 1 hr. sessions on principles, whereas Day has only two 1:45 hr sessions on WCIT.  I don't think the WCIT one will be easier and take less time, especially as we'll be making an intervention in a treaty negotiation where our views are really not all that welcome or valued.  So I think it ought to get the same amount of time as the principles effort.

Thankfully you and Norbert have, independently it seems, given much the same feedback.  So yes, let's move the EC session to the Sunday - good idea.  Check the pad again tomorrow - I'll hold off making the change until then just in case there is other feedback to integrate.

> *Again, I wonder about the need for panelists in the book ends.  We're going to be doing plenty of listening to panelists in Baku for five days already.  Canned presentations from/to people who've been talking to each other about all this stuff for years doesn't seem as value-adding to me as open group dialogue with a facilitator per session.

There wasn't, however, much support in the poll for eliminating panelists.  Whilst the IGF alumni have been talking to each other for years, there will be some new faces in Baku.  Maybe we could compromise by just setting some guidelines for panelists: say, don't use slides, and spend only 8 minutes in opening before going to the floor?

This should now be possible.  Go to http://lists.igcaucus.org/review/bestbits and log in with your subscribed email address and, if you have logged in before, your password.  If you haven't, go to http://lists.igcaucus.org/firstpasswd/ first.  This will show you the list of subscribers.

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015: http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.