Two-question survey on agenda and outputs for Best Bits

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Oct 2 07:56:33 EDT 2012

Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> http://igf-online.net/bestbits
>
> It means that there is less time for each drafting session, because
> they are no longer being held simultaneously.  It also means that Day
> 1 is heavier than Day 2 now.  What do you think?  Looking forward to
> your further comments, if any.

I note than on Sunday in the afternoon, there is a block "14:00 - 15:00
- Present and discuss draft text from morning" while there's nothing
equivalent on Saturday for the WCIT statement.

However the WCIT statement is the one which will be particularly urgent
to finalize so that we will meet that 3 November 2012 (23.59 hours,
Geneva time) deadline. The Civil society IG principles for the IGF
draft does not need to be finalized at Best Bits, and in fact I think
there is value in keeping it open for further consideration
of additional viewpoints from civil society persons and organizations
that for whatever reasons are not participating in the Best Bits
meeting.

For this reason, I wonder if it would be feasible to move the
"Process towards enhanced cooperation on Internet public policy issues"
theme to Sunday, removing the "Present and discuss draft text from
morning" item from the plan for Sunday, so that we have additional time
on Saturday afternoon to finalize the WCIT statement before the
deadline?

Greetings,
Norbert