[governance] Re: Final registration list

Ginger Paque gpaque at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:21:27 EDT 2012

Thanks to everyone who supports remote participation, especially/including
Jeremy. One good thing about this incident is the discussion emphasizing
the need to allow remote participants to register as full attendees to
events, especially global policy discussion meetings.

Jeremy, I look forward to being able to register as a remote participant
soon, hopefully after the weekend. Thanks for your generosity with your
time, expertise  and energy.

Quick note: those of us who support the IGF process and remote
participation, and won't be in Baku, need to plan to be available for these
5 days, in a similar way to those who travel to Baku. I find it is helpful
to switch to the local (Baku) time when attending a meeting 'remotely'. To
be taken seriously, remote participants have to take attending the meeting
seriously too. Most RPers do... This is just a note for first timers. We
really have to take on the mindset of 'going to the IGF' to make the most
of RP.

Best wishes,
Ginger

Ginger (Virginia) Paque

VirginiaP at diplomacy.edu
Diplo Foundation
Internet Governance Capacity Building Programme
www.diplomacy.edu/ig
**
**