WCIT Statement

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Nov 4 22:26:06 EST 2012

On 05/11/2012, at 12:57 AM, Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> wrote:

> Thanks - we'd actually love to sign but there's some language on network neutrality in the text that just does not work for our organization. We understand there was a group process in place to achieve this language, and so you might need to go ahead and just move forward as is without us.  However, if you'd like EFF to sign on, we would prefer to delete the network neutrality reference.
>
> Again, we appreciate and respect if it's too late in the process to make those changes, but we wanted to let you know exactly what you needed to do to get us on board.

Since that's a more substantive change I don't think we can reopen it at this stage, unless nobody objects (and I suspect that at least one person will).  Did we fail to pick up on an objection to this language that you raised in the room?

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Your rights, our mission – download CI's Strategy 2015: http://consint.info/RightsMission

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.