coordinating during WCIT

Emma Llanso ellanso at cdt.org
Fri Nov 16 18:34:14 EST 2012

Hi all,

One of the questions that came up during our tactics discussion during
Best Bits was how to coordinate during the WCIT -- what mechanisms we
might use to help members of civil society (on delegations and
unaffiliated, on the ground in Dubai and back home) to chat informally
and share information and analysis of proposals under consideration.

Has anyone had time to give this more thought, or heard of efforts to
set something up that are underway?  We've been brainstorming possible
approaches at CDT (thinking something commercial-off-the-shelf, like
Etherpad, would ultimately be more reliable than trying to build
something from scratch in a few weeks) and wanted to see what makes the
most sense to people.

If you're interested in joining a call to talk about this some time
early next week, please fill out this scheduling poll:
http://www.doodle.com/ugq7696vkqc7b3sh .

I hope everyone who attended made it home safely after IGF!
Best,
Emma
--
Emma J. Llansó