WSIS+10 workshop?, was Re: [bestbits] Next steps on principles (was Re: Coordination...)

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Sun Dec 9 15:36:42 EST 2012

Good idea to do a workshop, and we should try to have a meeting
beforehand.  I like the idea of "developing a positive civil society
agenda on internet governance" as a theme although making it concrete
could be difficult.  One way of doing this would be to do a
'stock-taking of where things have moved since they were highlighted in
the WGIG documents, as Pranesh suggests.

I suggest that someone from Best Bits writes to Unesco to say we need a
bit more time. As long as we tell them tomorrow that we want a workshop
they are likely to give us more time to finalise a proposal.

For everyone's information, APC is planning to submit a few workshop
proposals, including one that will look at the WSIS civil society
declaration from 2003. We will present initial research outcome of a
survey we have been doing to get a sense of civil society perceptions on
progress/lack of progress in meeting these goals.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692