Budapest Conference on Cyberspace

Shahzad Ahmad shahzad at bytesforall.pk
Sat Aug 11 01:08:19 EDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,

Sorry for changing the subject line on this thread

Are you aware of "Budapest Conference on Cyberspace" that is being hosted by
Hungarian Government on 4-5 October in Budapest?  We have been told that
this event is the follow up of London Conference in 2011 and supposed to be
a high level conference with prime ministers from Hungary, UK, Korea and
several other EU countries participating in it.

We received an invitation from Hungarian Foreign Minister and very very
unusually a follow up call by the Hungarian Ambassador in Islamabad
requesting a meeting for briefing on this event. We have agreed to meet with
the Ambassador on 16th August and then we will have more info about it.
However, we feel that organizing government engaging with the potential
participants at that level probably makes this event worth following
especially for the EU organizations http://www.cyberbudapest2012.hu/

Anyone else in this group received an invitation? I thought that I should
flag this here for the information of everyone.

Best wishes and regards

Shahzad