[Governance] 170 orgs send an open letter to UN SG to stop plans for a new High Level Multistakeholder Body

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Mon Mar 22 12:59:34 EDT 2021

I agree with Parminder here: our exchange is airing the issues related to the initiative and this is a healthy thing. I will try to find time to respond to his other points later this week. It would be good if the debate and discussion are focused on what IGF can actually do or not do and on how civil society can shape IG in positive ways.

Milton, thanks for responding, even though you find the Digital Cooperation initiative irrelevant. This is certainly much better than what many here who are actively engaged with shaping and pushing this initiative have bothered to do. I hope they also express their response and views.