[governance] IGF 2019 Civil society pre-event: planning and preparation

Tue Sep 24 09:02:26 EDT 2019

Dear Sheetal,

Maybe its worth considering a discussion on climate change and Internet
Governance to our day zero meeting. This is something thats been discussed
at a different thread set at NCSG mailing list, but there seems to be some
interest to facilitate a discussion on these lines at the igf and even
require some policy outcome that would look to the matter.

@Michael Oghia <mike.oghia at gmail.com> and @Nick Shorey Lists
<lists at nickshorey.com> have been starting this conversation at the NSCG
mailing list and I am cc'ing them here!

Best,
Bruna

Le dim. 15 sept. 2019 à 06:38, Amali De Silva <governance at lists.riseup.net>
a écrit :

> Please include the teaching of ethics in a globally connected  society
> … right thought for right action is never out of fashion , right planning
> for best action is good risk management … right attitude and compassion
> for human care ….
> Amali De SIlva-Mitchell
>

> On ‎Friday‎, ‎September‎ ‎13‎, ‎2019‎ ‎08‎:‎38‎:‎41‎ ‎AM‎ ‎PDT, Remmy
> Nweke <governance at lists.riseup.net> wrote:
>

> Hi Sheetal
> This is great thought.
> Although not sure of attending yet, I will like to be part of the planning
> team.
> Will like also to see issues on "Stereotyping of Cyber Crime and Effects
> on Developing Economies and Role of Civil Society."
> Regards
> Remmy
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 12:57 AM Sheetal Kumar <sheetal at gp-digital.org>
> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I'm getting in touch here about planning one of the civil society
> pre-events to the IGF session. It's called "Civil society coordination
> meeting (Global Partners Digital)" in the schedule but it is *not *a GPD
> event. I just applied for it, that's all. It's an event open to all civil
> society, and I would suggest that members of IGC should be actively
> involved in shaping its agenda.  It's been moved to from to 13.30 - 15.30
> pm following a request from the IGF Secretariat.
>
> When a few of us met on the sidelines of RightsCon earlier this year we
> suggested that the event could focus on sharing updates on key global
> processes and perhaps planning for how to input into them e.g: the High
> Level Panel, the UN First Committee processes on cyber and any others. And
> we could also discuss any matters pertaining to the IGC.
>
> As such, I would be grateful if you could share your views on the
> following
>
> - What topics and/or forums should we discuss at the civil society
> pre-event?
> - Would you like to discuss any topics related to IGC specifically?
> - How should we discuss these topics (presentations, or just open
> discussions) bearing in mind we have only 2 hours?
> - What outcome would you like to see from the pre-event?
> - Would you like to be involved in planning the event (this will require a
> dedication of a few hours over the next two months, I can't say how much)
>
> It would also be great if you could let me know if you're planning to be
> there. I know this is dependent on funding for many of us but if you can
> give an indication that would be great.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you!
>
> Best
> Sheetal
> --
>

> *Sheetal Kumar*
> Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
> Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
> T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
> [...]

*Bruna Martins dos Santos *

Skype ID: bruna.martinsantos
@boomartins