[governance] Taiwanese nationals and the IGF

Mon Sep 9 07:41:34 EDT 2019

Hi Izumi, Bill, Sala, Farzi, Johan, all:

Thank you all so much for your comments and for your compassion and
understanding. I admit that I sent this message a bit more impulsively than
I usually would. Regardless, I'm happy to have brought it up even though it
is a political minefield. I think it's important for us to encourage open
participation for all (which I guess remote participation facilitates
assuming Internet access).

I passed on all the updates to my friend, and I think she will participate
remotely. As for the bigger question about how to handle such issues in the
future, I'm open to ideas though as it is a UN event, I'm not sure we have
many options.

Best,
-Michael