[governance] download archive files

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Sat May 23 01:00:04 EDT 2015

Dear friends,

i subscribed to this list at the end of january. Because i use the
Thunderbird mail client, it is easy for me to search the mails offline.
But for that i need the compressed archive files. Maybe for 1 year.

The most lists use the mailman list server. Then we can directly
download the monthly automatic generated archives in the mbox format.
With Sympa i have no experience. My search for archive files was not
successful.

That's why I have written an inquiry to the admin group. You can read
this and the answer from Deirdre and Analia. This openness i like it
very much. Now there are two questions:

1) Is that okay for you, that i download the archive files for the last
year?

2) If no one speak against it, how i/we can do it? Does anyone have
experience with archive files in Sympa?

I know from the user manual of Sympa, that they use a special format
internal. And there exist some tools to convert this format to the mbox
format. It is a very old pure ascii format.

The same i want to ask the people on bestbit. I will wait for your
answers. NetMundial 1net.org use the mailman list server.

many greetings, willi
Cordoba, Argentina