[governance] Information of general interest: arr et cour européenne Luxembourg, Spanish DPA against Googl e

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu May 15 19:24:56 EDT 2014

At 00:40 16/05/2014, Lorena Jaume-Palasi wrote:
>Traduced into non-juridical English: the right to privacy and data
>protection (Art. 7&8) OVERRIDE AS A GENERAL RULE, the interest of
>internet users (Art. 11)
>Now THAT is not a balance, but a hierarchy.

If I read you correctly, out of any other context, what you write
seems to state that the equal right of many should override the equal
right of a single one. This sounds like US multi-stakeholderism.
Quite opposed to TPP and TAFTA where the US wants that the equal
right of a single coporation can override the equal rights of a
people protected by its soverign democratic governement.

Things may not be as simple as you imagine and apories do exist. This
is why one calls on Judges. One of the basic democratic rule is also
to not oppose Judge's decisions. Otherwise this is chaos. If you
disagree, your resource is to change the law along a democractic process.

Best
jfc