[governance] Just Net Coalition

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Sun Jun 29 03:26:21 EDT 2014

Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2014, at 12:45 am, parminder <parminder at itforchange.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Jeremy
> >
> > Direct question: Can you please point out the specific 'standard of
> > transparency  and accountability' that you seem to imply Just Net
> > Coalition hasnt upheld, and its members 'hold everyone else to'. I
> > ask because JNC takes such questions very seriously.
>
> No I won't, because I'd much rather we would stop pointing fingers at
> each other. These kind of sanctimonious exchanges, mostly one
> directional, have been extremely destructive.

So you don't hesitate to claim, in public no less, that we're not
living up to some unspecified “standard of transparency and
accountability”, but when asked specifically what standard of
transparency and accountability we're allegedly failing to live up to,
... ???

Unless civil society as a whole can be convinced to take matters of
transparency and accountability at least a little serious, civil society
as a whole does not deserve to be taken serious at all -- until such a
time that this situation improves!

Greetings,
Norbert
co-convenor, Just Net Coaltion