[governance] Re: "[...] to seize Iran's Internet licenses & domain name assets"

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 22:30:39 EDT 2014

Thanks, it is much clearer now.

Iran owes no money to ICANN (as far as I know).  Some ccTLDs remit monies
to ICANN, but AFAIK, Iran does not, so that's a dead end.

.ir is not the "property of the Islamic Republic of Iran" either, so that's
a no-op as well.  It is delegated to an academic institution.  In short,
ICANN can easily answer this writ without any threat to the stability of
the root.

Cheers,

McTim