[governance] ICANN & Human Rights

PIJL Kinanya Kinanya.PIJL at coe.int
Fri Jun 27 06:13:25 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I would like to inform you about the following. The Council of Europe facilitated the preparation of a report by Dr Monika Zalnieriute and Thomas Schneider on 'ICANN's procedures and policies in the light of human rights, fundamental freedoms and democratic values'. The opinions expressed in the report are the opinions of the experts and do not engage the responsibility of the Council of Europe. The report was presented during the ICANN50 meeting in London that took place from 22 to 26 June 2014. It aims at catalysing community discussion on human rights and internet governance. It is expected that the debate continues at ICANN51. During the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Istanbul from 2-5 September 2014, a side meeting will be held on the report, to present the report to the public at large and have an open and inclusive dialogue and exchange of ideas. We welcome comments on the report to enrich the debate via the comment page: http://www.coe.int/t/informationsociety/icann-and-human-rights.asp.

Kind regards,

Kinanya Pijl