CS consensual statement on MSism WAS Re: [governance] Vint Verf tells us the conclusion of the complex IANA transition process

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Tue Jul 29 10:31:09 EDT 2014

I'm not so sure that “common understanding” is really so much more
modest than “definition”. It is common for multiple definitions to
co-exist, but multiple “common understandings”?

One way to work towards clarity of communication when there are
multiple understandings is to add qualifiers. For example, useful
labels may be: “equal-footing multistakeholderism”, “open-participation
multistakeholderism”, “Geneva-style multistakeholdersm”, “democratic
multistakeholderism”, etc.

Personally, I have a definition for “democratic multistakeholderism” at
http://sustainability.oriented.systems/democratic-multistakeholderism/
and I would greatly appreciate if others would also somehow label and
define their preferred understanding or model of multistakeholderism.

Greetings,
Norbert