[governance] Nomination of Parminder

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Jan 9 08:53:46 EST 2014

Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> Essentially parminder yelling quite a lot at some people in the room,
> Avri in particular felt physically threatened.

I'd like to state clearly for the record that Suresh was not present at
that meeting and hence does not have any first hand knowledge of what
happened, nor the basis for forming an independent opinion on what
should be considered to be the essence of it.

Parminder did not raise his voice until after he had been verbally
personally attacked by multiple people.

> With a co co in the room then, he should have been ejected from the
> caucus

The IGC Charter does not contain any provision that states that if
someone “yells” at an IGC meeting, and someone else feels threatened,
the person who has yelled must thereupon be “ejected from the caucus”.

I'm pretty sure that if the IGC coordinators had invented such a rule
would have been appealed successfully.

Greetings,
Norbert