[governance] Stakeholders wrangle over the Brazil Summit on Internet Governance

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Wed Oct 30 12:19:57 EDT 2013

Am 29.10.2013 03:10, schrieb Louis Pouzin (well):
> At IGF, Glimpses Of Future IP Governance Overshadowed By Mass Surveillance
>
> Away from traditional free trade agreement negotiations with secret
> chapters on stricter intellectual property protection, perceptions are
> slowly evolving about the need to make IP systems work better. One of
> 100+ sessions at the 8th United Nations Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
> in Bali, Indonesia last week featured “intellectual property exchanges”
> as marketplaces for knowledge. But IP policy did not take centre stage
> and neither did other access topics in Bali,

The MAG in its wisdom rejected at least two IPR related workshops. My
workshop proposal addressed IPR enforcement and internet governance.

If the MAG will reject in future a growing number of workshop proposals
it should reconsider its evaluation method and be prepared to explain
its choices.

Jeanette

which instead was