[governance] more on Brazil-US stand off

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Oct 1 11:06:44 EDT 2013

It may not be a case of ghostwriting as much as similar, not very realistic, political worldviews.  The Hindu is a over century old, strongly left leaning publication that is also famous, under its past editor, for articles like this one (reprinted verbatim from Xinhua).

http://www.hindu.com/2009/02/27/stories/2009022755511900.htm

"Tibet on road of rapid uplift: N.Ram"

To be very fair, N Ram is the same man that broke the Bofors howitzer scam (thanks to documents leaked by a whistleblower Sten Lindstrom) - massive amounts of bribery in the procurement of a new 155 mm howitzer for the Indian army (it still did end up getting procured and is a lovely, hard working piece of ordnance, one of the mainstays of India's artillery, but I digress).  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bofors_scandal

I buy The Hindu because it is as local to south india as you can get - but generally use it only as a source of news about local events, and sports, and highbrow articles on literature, culture, the history of the city (all of which it does rather well).

The only thing I don't touch with a bargepole is any story at all they run on politics, or internet governance (where they seem to be about the only publication I can see that shares ideas with a very vocal splinter goup / rump of this caucus, and rather to the left of the guardian in its sympathies).  Even with its new editor after Ram retired.

--srs (iPad)