[governance] MS Selection Processes for Civil Socity (Call for Input)

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 15:53:14 EST 2013

Dear All,

Warm Greetings from Buenos Aires where we are still in the middle of ICANN
48. Trusting that you are all well and in excellent health.

Various civil society organisation coordinators  are communicating offlist
and working out a common mechanism for combined engagement in the following:

   - Lead up to the preparations for Rio through identifying a shared
   mechanism for selection of civil society representatives into the Steering
   Committee etc:
   - Once the process is identified we will be making a call for volunteers
   etc,

If you have ideas about how this shared mechanism for selecting people
should look like such as voting or shared nomcom, please feed them here by
replying to this email. We will channel your views to the discussions. Not
all ideas will be used as we are working outside of ourselves and in
collaboration with other stakeholder voices within civil society-

Kind Regards,

Sala