[governance] Update on Candidates for MAG Nominees [7 more hours to Go] URGENT

Fatima Cambronero fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 00:49:26 EST 2013

Dear Sala, all,

Assuming that current members of the MAG need to put our names forward for
re-endorsement, I would like to express my interest to serving for the new
period as MAG member.

I am women, lawyer, living in Cordoba, Argentina (GRULAC) and I belong to a
civil society organization that works in the advocacy of the Internet
end-users of my region. I also work in the capacity building issues at ISOC
(NGL Program) and DiploFoundation.

I do not receive funding from any government or any private company; I am
not employed by any of them.

I have assumed the MAG role the last May when the annual process for the
IGF had already started.

I couldn't attend to the May meeting but I have participated remotely.

As MAG member I have been part of the Capacity Building Team, previous to
the IGF and in the IGF itself. This IGF has been a great experience for me.
I would like to keep learning and I would like to participate in the MAG
role from the beginning of this process in order to make better
contributions.

As MAG member, this year I have been working with several civil society
organizations from Latin America. For next year I would like to improve the
communication with all the Latin American and Caribbean civil society
organizations involved in the IGF to ensure that they have a voice into the
MAG and in the IGF. I also plan to continue working in the Capacity Building
Team for next year.

I would like to ask the support of the IGC to re-submit my nomination as
MAG member.

Please, let me know if you need some additional information.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Fatima Cambronero

2013/11/14 Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org>

> Dear list,
>
> I am currently serving on MAG for the second year, and am willing to
> continue for another year if allowed. I assume I would be reappointed,
> hopefully.
>
> Well, I am not sure how this is handled, but hope the CS IGC also endorse
> existing MAG members in addition to the new ones to replace the old ones.
>
> izumi
>

> 2013/11/14 Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
> salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Many thanks to those who have boldly put their names forward for the IGC
>> MAG Nominees. We would like to urge those of you who are still double
>> minded, to sieze the moment and take advantage of the remaining 7 hours to
>> put forward a name for the list of IGC MAG Nominees. For those nominating,
>> please get the consent of those you are nominating to ensure a seamless
>> process.
>>
>> Can some more women put their names forward. I love our men but we also
>> need to have some women in the mix - please! By the way coordinators don't
>> have a say in the selection as this will be purely a selection by the
>> NomCom.
>>
>> This is an update of the names received so far.
>>

>> Volunteers for MAG [as many as possible so the selection  can be diverse
>> and wide] Feel free to nominate people.
>>
>>    1.
>>
>>    Asif Kabani
>>    2.
>>
>>    Rudi Vansnick
>>    3.
>>
>>    Sonigitu Ekpe
>>    4.
>>
>>    Imran Ahmed Shah
>>    5.
>>
>>    Fouad Bajwa
>>    6.
>>
>>    Katim S Touray
>>    7.
>>
>>    Stuart Hamilton
>>    8.
>>
>>    Mawaki Chango
>>    9.
>>
>>    Nnenna Nwakanma
>>

>> Note: Vincent Solomon and Carlos Vera Quintana volunteered but awaiting
>> clarification as to what specifically they are volunteering for NomCom or
>> MAG
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Sala

>>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

>                      >> Izumi Aizu <<
> Institute for InfoSocionomics, Tama University, Tokyo
> Institute for HyperNetwork Society, Oita,
> Japan
> www.anr.org

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*Fatima Cambronero*
Abogada-Argentina

Phone: +54 9351 5282 668
Twitter: @facambronero
Skype: fatima.cambronero

*Join the LACRALO/ICANN discussions:*
https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es

*Join the Diplo Internet Governance Community discussions:*
http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/

*Join to the Internet Society (ISOC): *http://www.internetsociety.org/