[governance] Workshops proposals for IGF was Re: [] COMMENTS SOUGHT: ...

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Tue Mar 19 07:08:59 EDT 2013

On 19 Mar 2013, at 06:26, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> I am ok with Anriette's wording.
>
> For #1 - sorry but its been a long day and its not clear whether you support it or not :)

Neither am I.

I agree that there are a lot of important topics chunked under the heading Network Neutrality.

I think it is a heading that has outlived its usefulness and so sort of agree with you, but until i have seen a proposal for a topic am not sure I support it.

One concern I have on the topic is declarations on the technical necessity for things like DPI.  It is too easy to say, it is necessary and thus not a concern.  One of the topics I think we need to explore is the balance between the creation of tools that seem necessary for technical purposes and the potential harm these tools cause  when misused

avri

DPI - Deep Packet Inspection.