[governance] Re:Racismo étnico

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 05:33:58 EDT 2013

Actually I have been less than constructive and with guidance from good
friends have pointed this out.  There is a contest of ideas and values,
which is all that I am trying to create space for here, which is
difficult, but no excuse for me bad behaviour.

The contest of ideas need not be expressed so personally, crudely nor in
a way that forecloses discussion - none of us are above reproach. So I
do not read Suresh's point as racist at all. It is part of the contest.
A contest that can be conducted more civilly on my part, which includes
abstaining from being provoked.

While I will try to be clear and precise, I will try to be more
constructive so that we can get to the real politics of the matters at
hand... with intellectual diversity, and multiple conceptions of the
values that underpin our understanding of the 'good life' that inspires
are respective value systems.

So while I cannot apologise nor retract my Third World analytic, I can
certainly try not to be an ass about it... and as we are in good company
I can count on openness and candour from friends to point this out...

riaz