[governance] Re: [bestbits] IGF - and the corporatisation scandal

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Sat Jul 27 08:49:21 EDT 2013

On Jul 27, 2013, at 5:25 AM, Paul Wilson wrote:

> ... where exactly is the "scandal"?

Whatever name we put to it, when program content is up for sale, IGF
has descended to the most tawdry level of pandering.

_That_ we think will gain respect around the world ...?

Let's get our thinking back on track.  If it has come to this, better
to cancel.  Or better, get back to insisting on a sound funding basis
- not, "give us money, and your message will get precedence."

The _whole_ point is a process with integrity, where ideas stand or
fall on merit.  Not on money paid.

David