techno-politics was Re: [governance] Bloomberg - The Overzealous

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Jan 20 11:34:31 EST 2013

Hi,

Re;

> attempting to fix something that is not broken

I beleive, that everything has some degree of breakage.
Everything needs some degree of fixing.
I also tend to beleive in continuous recognition, discussion and fixing of that breakage.

On the DNS, I think we already have split root,
in a system that does not support a split root,
we just don't admit it.
I think we should be fixing that,
not insisting that the old ways are still the only ways
and that all must stay in the fold.

also I remember the credo as a notion of global, nay - universal, interconnection.
the "one root" variant of that credo is a political aberration in my opinion.
But this is about the specific topic and not the general notion that agrees with you in that

> It is of course a complex system and one where change must be slow, steady and incremental

and i would add, takes many conversations and many types of conversations  in many fora.

avri