[governance] Wikipedia: Enhanced Cooperation

Peter H. Hellmonds peter.hellmonds at hellmonds.eu
Wed Apr 24 09:57:02 EDT 2013

Michael,

 At the WSIS+10 session on EC at UNESCO in Paris, which you also attended, I brought this up and asked Yrjö Lansipuro, who used to be a Finnish government representative, to explain the EU context, which he did. He also explained that while this may have been in the back of the heads of some European delegates to the WSIS, it was equally clear that everyone would take home their own interpretation of what the term should mean as it was intentionally left undefined. Such is the nature of this kind of international negotiations that future generations are left to make the best of undefined terms and processes. :-)

Best
Peter