[governance] Re: What else is discrimination?

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Apr 12 07:12:14 EDT 2013

On Thursday 11 April 2013 11:55 AM, Avri Doria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What I am curious about its the degree to which the coordinators were
> pressured behind the scenes in private email that was not transparent
> to the rest of us.
>
> Obviously netiquette would prevent them from telling us who sent what.
>
> But perhaps an indication of how much email, or how many bytes of
> email, were sent to pressure them one way our another would be
> helpful. I would also be interested in knowing the percentage of
> pressure either way.
>
> It would be good to have an bit of transparency in this.

Yes, I encourage coordinators to volunteer the above information.

> I, for one, sent no private email on this subject. Perhaps those
> making accusations can indicate how much they sent.

I dont know what accusation you speak of here. I said nothing about
anyone sending offline messages to the coordinator. Anyway, neither did
I send any email to coordinators on this subject. I had no interest in
Suresh's suspension. From earlier experience I could judge the boil over
that it would entail, although what actually happened, especially
efforts towards getting an eye for an eye surpassed my expectation. It
become very evidently and deeply political. Coordinators can be expected
to face continued pressure on this count, some kind of collective
recompense in form of another 'disciplinary action' will continue to be
sought with considerable energy. Hopefully, justice will not be reduced
to balancing demands of different political camps.

parminder