[governance] ICANN stumbling on a hornet nest

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Tue Sep 4 04:05:04 EDT 2012

By-the-way, our original BWG - Boston Working Group - materials are
online at:

http://cavebear.com/bwg/

The BWG has been sort of a mysterious body, and it is made more
mysterious by the fact that over the years several members have served
on ICANN's board of directors (including chair).

After our submissions to NTIA in 1998 we evolved into closed debating
group.  One of the things that glues us together is that we have gone
beyond electronics - nearly all of us have worked together face to face.
 In the world of the internet it is easy to forget that once one has
broken bread with another person it becomes hard to dismiss or be
disrespectful to that person.

	--karl--