[governance] Google's Fight the ITU/WCIT website

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 21:34:54 EST 2012

*Sala,*
On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Suresh,
>
> Please refrain from using words like "Nazi" on this list.

I don't think that IGC coordinators get to proclaim that there are words
that are off-limits.

One of the very first IG cases was about the online sale of Nazi
memorabilia on Yahoo!

As a reminder, here are the rules we have agreed to:

*Suspension of posting rights*

Failure to abide by posting rules may result in suspension or removal from
the IGC list according to the following process:

 The coordinators will first warn a subscriber privately of the problem
 If the problem persists the coordinators will notify the subscriber
publicly on the list of impending suspension from the list. Suspension will
include only posting rights.
 If the problem persists the subscriber's posting rights will be suspended
for one (1) month.
 Once the subscriber's posting rights are restored, any further problem
will result in another public warning.
 If the problem continues to persist after suspension and a second public
warning, the coordinators will be permitted to either suspend the posting
rights for three (3) months or to remove the subscriber from the list.
 Any decision for suspension can be appealed. Any decision to remove
someone from the list will call for an automatic appeal by the appeals team.
--
Cheers,

McTim