[governance] Google's Fight the ITU/WCIT website

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Nov 21 04:36:30 EST 2012

Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> I fail to see how google selling email, collaboration etc services to
> telcos has anything to do with the free and open internet here.

You may need to read up on the very significant body of literature that
exists about the effects of this kind of partnerships.

> And as for asking whether parminder is crazy .. well, I will confess
> that I don't quite have to ask myself that question at all.

Please let's refrain from any kind of ridicule and ad hominem attacks.

Having a constructive discussion between people with very different
viewpoints is challenging enough already in the absence of directing
unpleasant, ridiculing words at anyone. Such ridicule is particularly
problematic when it is used to attack someone who has a viewpoint that
a large number of other participants find difficult to understand.

Greetings,
Norbert