[governance] On Enhanced Cooperation and the opportunity of a working group

Garth Graham garth.graham at telus.net
Mon May 21 20:12:31 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-21, at 11:20 AM, Bertrand de La Chapelle wrote:
Indeed EC frameworks for Critical Internet Resources could be a type of  Ostrom's CPR (common pool resource) frameworks; however, all IG issues are not common pool issues.

We might want to think about that.  While in terms of Ostrom's principles there are certainly lots of boundary definition issues, as you have said about the resolution of ambiguities in your original post:

> Internet Governance does cover both Governance OF the Internet and Governance ON the Internet (as the Tunis definition addresses “the evolution and use of the Internet”

That "use" of the Internet as a common pool resource would seem to cover a lot of ground?

GG

"We say nothing essential about the cathedral when we speak of its stones.  We say nothing essential about Man when we seek to define him by the qualities of men. … Man is a knot, a web, a mesh into which relationships are tied. Only those relationships matter."  Antoine de Saint-Exupery.