[governance] A couple of posts about the ITU and state control of the Internet

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Sat Mar 10 16:15:38 EST 2012

Good evening list members

I thought I would send along details of two posts that I hope will be of interest to you all:

First, Matthias Langenegger of CCIA has a blog post of his experience at the recent HRC panel discussion of human rights on the Internet in Geneva (and the attempts by Russia, China, and friends to disrupt the meeting etc.) The blog post is here: http://www.ccianet.org/index.asp?bid=89&BlogEntryID=224&FormID=300&catid=0

Also by CCIA, the CEO has a Huffington Post OpEd on the threats to the open Internet posed by these countries' agendas being pushed at the ITU: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/edward-j-black/uns-itu-could-become-next_b_1332768.html

Have a good weekend :)

All the best, Nick