[governance] "Oversight"

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Mon Jun 18 02:53:37 EDT 2012

In message <d9e94c0d-9d56-4df1-9121-e8ff95278dc4 at email.android.com>, at
19:28:00 on Sun, 17 Jun 2012, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> writes
>>First of all I would like to know from the people more
>>closely involved, which competition authorities did ICANN talk to. I
>>take it to be US government's because I know of no international level
>>competition authority
>
>I remember that several countries competition authorites were spoken to.  I would have to go through records, which I am not inclined to do
>right now, to get the names of those countries.  The US was certainly among them, but there were others. .

This is not an answer to the question (or even a guess) but if anyone
talks to the competition authorities in both Washington and Brussels
(for the EU) then they've covered (by various economic measures) 2/3 of
the world.

If both of those think it's OK, and both are hard to please, then the
proposal is probably OK.
--
Roland Perry