[governance] Access and Diversity [IGF 2012 - MAG Consultations]

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 16:21:38 EST 2012

Thanks for your invitation.
I would suggest some following topics to be included:

17. Maximum utilization of open/free Band Frequency spectrum i.e. "ISM Band"
18. Information Sharing Sensitivity Awareness.
19. Internet for Women
20. Internet for Kids
21. Public Awareness for Contents Development/ Conversion into Local language.
22. Privacy on Social Networking and Mobile Internet
Thanks

Imran Ahmed Shah

------------------------------On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 1:43 AM PKT Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:>Dear All,>>The theme for IGF 2012 is Internet Governance for Sustainable Human,>Economic and Social Development. The MAG has various groups dealing with>the following:->>   - consolidate the list of topics under the theme>   - come up with a coherent description of the theme>   - come up with a main question and sub questions for the theme>   (following the way it was organised in 2011)>>We would encourage anyone interested in putting forward views on Access and>Diversity by responding to this thread. We would like to ensure that this>opportunity for consultation is actively addressed by the list. We will try>to wrap this up by the 24th February, 2012 and people can volunteer to work>on consolidating the same by the 24th February, 2012 so it can be put to>the entire list for a 48 hour period before we ask our current MAG>representatives to take this
 forward.>>Current list of topics that are being discussed by the MAG are as follows:->>>1)    ACCESS TO FREE FLOW OF INFORMATION AND [FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION] [HUMAN>RIGHTS ]>>2)    [HUMAN RIGHTS], [FILTERING], [CONTROLLING / REGULATORY ISSUES]>>3)    MULTILINGUALISM>>4)    WOMEN EMPOWERMENT>>5)    LEGAL POLICY AND REGULATORY>>6)     [PARTICIPATION AND INCLUSION] PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES>>7)    OPEN DATA AND RELATED POLICIES>>8)    INTERNET IMPACT ON YOUTH>>9)    YOUTH PARTICIPATION IN INTERNET GOVERNANCE>>10) HYPERCONECTIVITY AND INDIVIDUALS>>11) [HOW TO HANDLE THE DIVERSITY OF NATIONAL LEGAL FRAMEWORK]>>12) HOW CAN WE DELIVER ON SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES?>>13) [FRAMEWORKS AND PRINCIPLES]>>14) [PUBLIC KEY INFRASTRUCTURE – PKI]>>15) [INSTITUTIONAL COOPERATION ON ELIMINATION OF THE DIGITAL GAP BETWEEN>NEIGHBORHOOD COUNTRIES]>>16) [INNOVATION IN SPECTRUM TECHNOLOGY – IMPLICATIONS FOR ACCESS]>>>-- >Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka
 Sala>>Tweeter: @SalanietaT>Skype:Salanieta.Tamanikaiwaimaro>Cell: +679 998 2851