[governance] Remote Participation

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 12:19:29 EST 2012

Dear All,

This is fantastic news. Robert, this is great to know. We have also
published a Draft Statement on the website and inviting comments. We thank
Deirdre Williams for consolidating thoughts from the Emails on the subject.

Visit: http://www.igcaucus.org/digressit/?p=32

The alternative is to visit the Statement workspace.

Kind Regards,
Sala

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:21 AM, Robert Guerra <rguerra at privaterra.org>wrote:

> In regards to remote participation, there are efforts underway for IGF
> 2012 for improve the situation.
>
> Not sure some of you caught it, but during the Open MAG meeting this past
> week in Geneva Google mentioned that they were going to be supporting the
> IGF Secretariat in the months to come. It was specifically mentioned that
> they are making a contribution to the IGF fund and would like to work with
> them to improve the virtual participation of the Open Meetings and IGF as a
> whole.
>
> There's defiantly a need to strategically improve the remote participation
> modalities at the IGF and its related preparatory meetings (Open
> Consultation, MAG meetings, etc). Both  volunteer and professional
> assistance, in my opinion, is most welcome .
>
> What type of assistance and/or support will be provided - well, hopefully
> we'll find out soon from the Secretariat and/or Google.
>
> regards
>
> Robert
>
> --
> R. Guerra
> Phone/Cell: +1 202-905-2081
> Twitter: twitter.com/netfreedom
> Email: rguerra at privaterra.org
>
> On 2012-02-19, at 6:13 AM, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
>
> On 19/02/2012, at 8:50 AM, Marilia Maciel wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have included the main points of this discussions (ex: preparatory
> meetings conducted online, etc) among my contributions to the next meeting
> of the WG on IGF improvements. I have also mentioned the workshop on RP and
> the main principles that have been jointly drafted last year. I hope that
> this is taken into account on the discussions.
>

> Also this, which dates from 2008:
>
> http://wiki.igf-online.net/wiki/IGF_Virtual_Community
>
> The plan was never implemented but we are still complaining about the same
> deficiencies today.

>     http://www.igcaucus.org/

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT