[governance] Re: from UN DESA

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Feb 16 11:33:48 EST 2012

UN DESA  - we maintain transparency, neutrality and availability - for
all memebers of IGC, even childern who can type Internet can apply -
but not mean to qualify

then so called the first pre-selection, then move next stage -

response to the question from EU, 100 applicants?

Chair position? Every host country?

UN DESA - position of Nitin Desai - this is SG Progative, for special advisor

but in the absence, we gave the host country the role of Chair -
element of capacity building

idea to allow host country to be the Chair on their respective mag
meetings, until other proposal comes from the mAG

DESA - this is just ad hoc, tentative solution, replying to George's question.

Chair - final remarks:
thanking all, learning experiences, new approaches for solving many
issues regarding Internet Governance

we will try to have all possible approaches for good organizing of IGF
we are together with your assistance

Chengetai - next meeting in May
We have two issues - before or after WSIS Week.
Consensus is going to be during the WSIS week.
Asking any strong objection?  No.

So we will have Tuesday-Thursday, ?? consultation is Friday.

May 15, 16 and 17.

End at 17:30
---