[governance] Draft IGC short Statement on remote participation

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Feb 16 06:34:52 EST 2012

Hi, I came with the following draft statement of sort:
Any comments and additions most welcome.

I  have to go off-line soon, but will come back during lunch time
and plan to speak at the beginning of the afternoon session.

Thanks,

izumi

IGC Statement on remote participation

We like to reiterate that remote participation is a cruical part of
organizing IGF and we appreciate the effort to provide remote
participation for the Open consultation and MAG meeting which was
opened to observers, we like to point out and suggest the followings:

On the third day, remote observers were effectively excluded because
they had no access to live transcript. Even Mag members trying to
participate online had difficulty in contacting moderators.

We strongly urge MAG and IGF secretariat to consider the followings
for the future IGF organizing work and IGF itself.

------

Provide as much interactivity as possible.

Ensure equal participation between online and offline participants

Always assign exclusive remote participation coordinator/moderator
(who do not have other jobs at the same time).

Provide plural means – video, voice and text channel, as well as
real-time transcription which can be easily accsebile with even
low-bandwidth access
     governance at lists.cpsr.org