[governance] New MAG announced

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 27 11:45:59 EDT 2012

In message <4F9ABC14.10108 at eff.org>, at 17:32:36 on Fri, 27 Apr 2012,
Katitza Rodriguez <katitza at eff.org> writes
>Well blogging takes more time than reporting to the list...

Going to the event takes three or four days for most people. Isn't it
worth spending a few hours telling your stakeholders what the outcome
was?

>Some civil society reps are not even in this list so they will report
>to their members or what they consider is their stakeholder group.
>
>Some consider the IGC as their stakeholder group for reporting back,
>especially those who are selected by IGC. Some others, might report to
>their own members, I guess.
>
>I think that even those not selected by IGC but are in the list would
>like to share more sensitive issues but have concerns about the
>openness of the list.
>
>So if IGC does not have a strong structure for civil participation
>only, then, maybe everything should become public? Again: I do not have
>an answer.

The civil society stakeholder group has some unique challenges, but
maybe after all this time (7th year now) it's time to start addressing
them.

Other stakeholder groups... what to they do. For example do Government
members report back to just their own government, to all governments, a
subset of governments, no-one at all. Anyone know?
--
Roland Perry