[governance] Is really Bulgarian Cyrillic .?? (.bg) similar to other Latin ccTLDs?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Nov 9 02:23:48 EST 2011

On 9 Nov 2011, at 00:41, Tina Dam wrote:

> The problem lies mostly at resolution, where if a user does not know
> if it is Cyrillic or Latin characters then he/she might type in the
> wrong one and go somewhere wrong.

How does this happen with a TLD?

As I understand it, even if the Cyrillic or Greek look somewhat like an LDH Ascii (letters, digits and hyphen) typing in the LDH equivalent of a cyrillic TLD won't get resolved. So it might cause some frustration but no danger of going anywhere.  So confusions that might be a risk at the second level, are irrelevant at the top level.

Also, the criteria as far as I know where not possible frustration but deception and misdirection.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org