[governance] Open consultations

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Wed May 18 07:34:47 EDT 2011

Dear all,

We have lousy connectivity here in ILO premises, so reporting, twittering,
etc becomes a problem. Remote participation through the platform is working
well though so you can follow the webcast and participate sending your
comments.
Just a brief e-mail to let you know that ICC approched me and they agree
that our workshop proposal on IGF improvement should stand alone. They will
merge with the technical community. Ayesha reinforced that
cross-participation of stakeholders between the two workshops should be
encouraged.
After some discussion with CS folks here in geneva yesterday I proposed that
MAG meeting be in fact an open meeting. There was no resistance. I also
asked the secretariat to update the list of formal MAG members, because ppl
have left the MAG, and we need to know who's in and who's out. I also asked
for clarification on status of choosing a chair and an executive. They said
that the UN needs to open the position and they have not done so yet. There
was criticism about that from the floor, specially from the UK government.
Best,
Marilia

--
Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade