[governance] Internet G8 meeting

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed May 4 06:04:46 EDT 2011

parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 May 2011 04:33 PM, Lee W McKnight wrote:
> > If I recall correctly G7 meetings as far back as...95? 93? 97 at
> latest...had similar themes, albeit with phraseology then around the
> more inclusive 'information society.'
> Yes, even the idea of ICTD was born at G 8 meetings, wrapped in very
> alien ideologies, and it has never recovered from this accident of its
> birth. We in devleoping countries know how we suffer this fact, and how
> ICTD consequently has remained distanced from traditional development
> practice. As a result, the best opportunities of ICTs for development
> have not been able to be realized.

Hi Parminder
Is there a quotable source with regard to the above-mentioned issue?
(It isn't clear yet what the "IG map" that I'm planning to work on
will contain, but I tend to think that it should contain besides
positive information about the impact of various IG-related fora also
references to such criticism.)

Greetings,
Norbert
     governance at lists.cpsr.org