[governance] RE: Am I a Prey to Scammers

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Jul 6 15:29:05 EDT 2011

In message <3AACE39BF543402CB32A0C8581CC101C at userPC>, at 09:06:55 on
Wed, 6 Jul 2011, michael gurstein <gurstein at gmail.com> writes
>Aaron,
>
>You aren't being particularly targeted I think.  I get two or three of those
>a week.

Two or three a week!! I get about ten a day. (And that's the ones which
have made it through several levels of anti-spam filter).

There's a theory which says that the longer you've had an email address,
the more you'll get, because the criminals are working from lists which
are compiled by adding together older lists, and so on.

Ignore it.
--
Roland Perry
     governance at lists.cpsr.org