[governance] New membership database: choose your own username

Don Cameron dg_cameron at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 4 03:10:13 EST 2011

For the sake of discussion - yes I sub'd to this list (as I do all others)
by means of the list-serv command.

I also administer several lists, and like many people have had issues in the
past with other lists and administrators that do not support sub and unsub
requests via email; usually resulting in need to email the admin directly to
find-out if a web interface exists and where it is, or when not, for the
admin to manually action my request. This is commonly time consuming and
unnecessary. Modern (and less-than-modern) email list software supports
list-serv commands and these really should be available to people wishing to
use them.

Perhaps I should also mention it was only today that I first visited the web
page for this forum - I doubt I will remember where it is come time to unsub
from this list. Please keep the list-serv commands available.

Don