[governance] "Freedom from poverty" dynamic coalition

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Feb 21 12:42:34 EST 2011

Dear all,
  It appears to me that much of the internet governance discourse
is missing the main points. Among these, as I'm sure most here will
agree, the various aspects of freedom are of preeminent experience.

I'd like to work towards the creation of a Dynamic Coalition that
would focus primarily on the aspect of freedom from poverty, and on
how the Internet can effectively be expanded and used towards that
goal. I'd want the various other aspects of freedom, including in
particular poltical freedoms and the effective enforcability of
privacy rights to be kept in mind during this work on addressing
the problem of poverty, but I'd like to see a strong forcus on
overcoming the various mechanisms that keep people in poverty or
make them dependent on crutches like "development aid".

Does anyone have advice for someone interested in creating an IGF
Dynamic Coalition?

Greetings,
Norbert

P.S. I'll be in Geneva on Wednesday...