[governance] FW: [] Fwd: IPv4 Address Exhaustion Milestone & Comcast Starts DOCSIS IPv6 Trial

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Feb 6 21:15:51 EST 2011

On Feb 5, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Karl Auerbach wrote:

> I tend to think of IPv6 as being a separate internet that happens to share physical wiring.

I've actually taken to describing it in terms of power outlets; we've effectively
set forth on switching the entire Internet to use new plugs and outlets, and for a
short time you're going to have to build houses (websites) with both types of outlets
(address formats), so that users of either plug type (IPv4 or IPv6) can be happy.

:-(

/John

     governance at lists.cpsr.org